Friday, January 1, 2010

What Does 2010 Hold for Jerm You Ask...?

As a follow up to my post earlier today regarding what I learned in 2009, I also wanted to take the time out to talk about what I hope to accomplish in 2010.


2009 was a great year for me professionally as I excelled at work and was very proud of my efforts. On the social/personal side however, the year was very much so a let down, and I look to rectify that in 2010. Don't get it twisted though, as you won't see me in Blue Martini every weekend or out on the town 5 nights a week, as I am too old for that shit in addition to the fact that its never really been my style. Having said that, I will take a step back from my workaholic nature and try to focus more on that side of my life.


With all of that said...here goes:

  1. Find a "woman" not girl, but "woman" that is worthy of my time, energy, and love. I am prepared to wait until 2011 to find this woman. I have no intentions of settling just for the sake of not being alone. I'm stronger than that.
  2. Get a promotion & title change at work.
  3. Enter an Executive MBA Program.
  4. Drive a 2010 Volkswagen GTI off of the dealers lot. Nope, not a test drive either.
  5. Take more vacation time.
  6. Do more guest lectures/speaking engagements with regards to my profession. This includes successfully putting on my Social Media Marketing Panel discussion at the University of Tampa.
  7. Take a trip abroad for the first time. No... Canada doesn't count.
  8. Become an expert in my field, with regards to digital marketing techniques in the Hospitality & Tourism Industry. I am pretty close now, but still got a few areas to improve upon.
  9. Taking up salsa again... don't laugh... I was actually somewhat good at it in college.
  10. Dodging age 30 for just one more year. FYI I turn 29 at the end of this month.

No comments: