Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Jerm's Top Ten Signs He is Getting Old

Been having a few humbling experiences lately, and I think they are signs of me getting old, so I wanted to steal a page out of David Letterman's book and put together a top 10 list of signs that tell me I am getting old...

  1. You go to the eye doctor for a routine eye exam and walk out of the door with a prescription for glasses...
  2. The guy at the door at the club doesn't even bother to ID you...
  3. People refer to you as Sir...
  4. You start reminiscing with co-workers about how fun "Field Day" was back in elementary school...
  5. You start using the phrase "Man I Remember When He/She Was Born" all too often...
  6. Your writing a blog post about the signs of aging...
  7. When it takes you at least a half hour to stretch before working out...
  8. When you start referring to people younger than you as "kids..."
  9. Your body cringes when you see kids in college now who you know were born in 1990 or later...
  10. People actually say to me... "Damn You Are Old..."
Okay those are all things that have happened to me recently and make me believe that it is all down hill from here...

1 comment:

kjhulse said...

Awww, I'm sorry bud. Sounds like a rough day, or 10. I have but two things to offer as consolation. 1) I saw your new specs as posted, and I think they're very nice! 2) While I do feel the physical and mental effects of aging - I have almost the opposite problem. On my honeymoon I was asked by the resort concierge if I was really old enough to be married. Yes, I'm almost 27 and people still think I'm 17. It also sucks I assure you.