Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lessons Learned for the Week of 06.08.09

I have always had this particular lesson on my mind, but it was more apparent this evening as I hung out with my goddaughter and her younger cousins this week as well. I AM NOT READY TO HAVE CHILDREN...

I was having a conversation earlier this week with a co-worker who is pregnant as she told me that the average child goes through about 7-10 diapers per day! Now this is a lot of poop, not to mention a good amount of money spent on diapers.

The screaming and the constant energy is just unbelievable. I just don't know if I could deal with it at this pointing in my life, as I have a hard enough time taking care of an 11 month year old energetic puppy, so try and imagine me with kids. I have so much respect for those with kids, because between the crying, constant attention, worrying about their health, I would be a nervous wreck.

Now I am not by any means saying that its a bad thing to have kids, as I truly believe it to be a blessing and their are allot of great parents out there, but still, I know I am not ready for that. After tonight and allot of shrill cries, I know I still need a few more years to mature...oh yeah and a wife as well, but I don't want to rush either of those.

So mother if you come across this blog post, then that is the reason that I don't have kids... oh yeah and that whole wife thing.

No comments: