Sunday, May 31, 2009

Paying For a Gym Membership...

So I am up early on this beautiful Sunday morning getting ready to head over to the gym to get a quick guest pass workout in and to also inquire about being a member full time. I actually used to have a membership at this gym but I cancelled it when I moved into a place last year that had a pretty decent looking gym setup and I figured I wouldn't need to continue to pay for it. Wrong answer, and probably one of the worst decisions I ever made.

In the last two apartment/condo complexes I have lived, both actually had pretty nice gym setup and state of the art equipment, but I couldn't really bring myself to go as often as I should have.

One thing I have learned about myself in this process is that with regards to working out, I am much more likely to keep up the regimen if I am paying for the workouts. Back when I was giving them money out of pocket each month I was sure to have my ass there 3-5 times a week gettin my buff on, but I think unconsciously I stopped caring about that aspect of my health once there was no financial commitment on my behalf. Needless to say now I am back at that stage where I get winded just walking to the mailbox, so its time to get back on the horse and stop being so damn lazy. That knee injury awhile back didn't help the cause, but I won't continue to make excuses, I just need to get back in there make it happen.

Hopefully having this gym membership won't cost me an arm and a leg each month as I can barely rub two nickels together now, but it wasn't expensive beforehand so I don't expect it to be this go round. Getting back to playing soccer is a must as well as when I remember being at my fittest, there was always a soccer component in there with the regular gym membership visits.

Oh well, enough crying and complaining on my part, time to hit the gym and start working off the McDonalds I had last night. Later peeps...

No comments: